Climate Change Project
- Climate change and global warming are different even though some people think they are the same. Climate change is the changing in temperature across different biomes. In other words it could be 10 degrees colder in aplace and raining were its typically not at that time of year. Global warming is the change in earths temperature everywhere. In other words it could be ten degrees warmer than usual everywhere on the earth. Even though some people believe climate change is the same as global warming. I was one of those people but after doing this project I now know they are different. Since I know they are different I can educate people who believe they are the same.
- Climate change has been happening natural since the earth began but humans have impacted the severity. When there was not as many factory's and less cars there was less of a carbon foot print witch has effected climate change. The things humans do every day have been impacting climate change and global warming. For example in Durango there is less snow than usual and higher temperatures. This may not be directly related to carbon foot print but it has been changing. At one point it could be worse than it is right now.
- My project demonstrates my understanding of climate change because the information I learned in the project was on my poster. My understanding goes deeper than what was on the poster though. During exhibition I could answer everyone's questions without looking at my notes or the poster for the answer. My project its self kind of demonstrates climate change but not as much as being able to answer questions. Answering questions demonstrates my understanding of climate change because being able to answer peoples questions without looking for the answer is important part of giving any presentation and demonstrating a true understanding.
- The largest area of growth during this project was learning how to work with someone I do not work well with. I struggle to work well with the person I did this project with because we disagree about things as little as the color schemes. But during this project I learned how to work better with people I do not work well with. Sometimes it is best to just let then have there way and not argue about it. Before this project I struggled to work with people I do not work well with but now I can work with people I do not typically work well with.
- My greatest strength during this project was researching and taking notes on the effects of climate change on human health. This was a strength for me because I typically struggle with research and note taking and with this project I did not. This project was different because I was interested in the topic I was researching so it was easier for me to research it. This is a strength I would like to continue to have through all my future projects.
Info Graphic Reflection
This project was about leaning the adolescence brain and the biological needs of adolescence. For the part on the adolescent brain I studied concussions in adolescent sports. For the second info graphic I studied depression in adolescence and what people can do to help. I think the second info graphic was important because it is important for people to know what they can do for a depressed adolescent in there life. Also I think it is important to know the statistics so because it is so eyeopening.
- For me the biggest challenge was coming up with a topic for the second info graphic. I changed topics twice for the second info graphic but still ended up dong my original topic. The two topics I was considering were sleep deprivation and depression in adolescence. Over all I am glad that I chose the topic I did because I think its important for people to know how to help a struggling adolescent.
- My greatest success during this project was getting my second info-graphic done in time after not being able to decide a topic. This was a success because at first I was not sure I was going to get it done in time after waiting as long as I did to choose a topic. I ended up finishing before it was do and even had time to make refinements to it since I was not very impressed with the first one.
- If I were to do this project again I would choose a different topic for the first info graphic. It is not that I did not like the topic I chose for my first info graphic. The topic I chose was not as interesting as I would have liked it to be when I was finished I was surprised I did not end up switching topics.